Sunday, February 22, 2015

the wander

I'm an arm you are an arm
what's the reason you wish to do me harm
I can't wave to my friends anymore.
,
with you detecting my every single move
i feel like a caged bird
and my voice won't travel long enough to be heard.
.
where am I then?
.
after all everyone is confused
who is who or who does that,
the audience refuses to admit the power of a baseball bat.
,
can you understand me/
.
i still see you grow
even if we live at a chicken's coop,
I will let the rooster crow
.
so that we can
switch the gears
to have a better point of view.



Poetry Pantry #240

20 comments:

  1. I'm not sure I understand...but I enjoyed your poem. Especially the last two stanzas. I think we would all like a better point of view....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Switching gears and stepping back for a different view are wonderful things to do

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, really here is a feeling of 'caged bird'....to switch gears - a good idea! new point of view :)x ~ Like your witty way with words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can feel the tyranny of entrapment, but lightened by your word play.

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  5. carefully written piece.
    love the imagery.

    ReplyDelete